To read the story of our precious Harlynn Renae, start here and follow the "next" links at the end of each post. Thank you for coming and sharing with us in this journey.

Friday, October 10, 2014

{31 Days: Day 10} Today


Today I renewed my driver's license. 

Today I sat and visited face to face with one of my closest friends.

Today I did laundry.

Today I cooked the best meatloaf I've ever made.

Today I braided Little Miss' hair.

Today I gave Little Man another bath.

Today I spent thirty minutes on the sofa "snuggling" (listening to Little Miss sing along to Veggie Tales)

Today I ate banana cream pie. (Yes, he came through.)

Today I made it a point to be present wherever I was, in whatever I was doing.

Today I rocked Little Man to sleep, and once he fell asleep, I kept rocking. I just held him and listened to him breathing, totally comfortable to be in his mama's arms.

Today I spent time listening to the scripted out scenarios of Little Miss' imagination, doing my best to abide by them during play time. "How about you understand what I say when I'm crying and you get me water in a sippy and try to give it to me because I'm a baby."

Today is 18 months since I delivered Harlynn.  Today I slowed down, became intentional with the things I was doing, the interactions I was having, and the conversations I was taking part in. Today I made every moment count. Today I miss my daughter as much as I did when I realized her heart was no longer beating. Today I lived with purpose and perseverance. Today, I chose to give life purpose, rather than simply let it happen. Today, I heard His whispers in the quiet of my day. Today, I let myself be vulnerable.

Today was a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment